Search the forum,

Discuss Repair concrete bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello,

First post here. About to embark on a bathroom refit. Pretty confident but have a question about our contrete floor in our downstairs bathroom.

I’m replacing some quick step laminate and applying tiles. The concrete floor is flat, but in a couple of areas (that used to be hidden by a bath) there’s some recessed rough patches. I’d say around 40cm x 40cm. It’s only in a couple of areas, the rest is flat.

I’d like avoid releveling the entire floor with a compound. Is it possible to either repair somehow or even level with additional adhesive when applying the tiles in this area?

Thanks in advance for any tips. 👍

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello,

First post here. About to embark on a bathroom refit. Pretty confident but have a question about our contrete floor in our downstairs bathroom.

I’m replacing some quick step laminate and applying tiles. The concrete floor is flat, but in a couple of areas (that used to be hidden by a bath) there’s some recessed rough patches. I’d say around 40cm x 40cm. It’s only in a couple of areas, the rest is flat.

I’d like avoid releveling the entire floor with a compound. Is it possible to either repair somehow or even level with additional adhesive when applying the tiles in this area?

Thanks in advance for any tips. 👍
Hi. Have you any pics , so we can see what you see.

Reply to Repair concrete bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen