Currently reading:
Regrout

Search the forum,

Discuss Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Not me but if you think about it the old grout needs to be removed or at least dropped in level a fair bit ,so this instantly brings in to play the depth of the heating elements /pipes , you would need to write a disclaimer to cover your responsibility for the heating before you give it a go, then why bother the risk if you have plenty of other work on me thinks :smilewinkgrin:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Easy to do - I use 2 different brands depending on colour I want. They're Epoxy based so good and long lasting. If going on flexi grout then cleaning the old grout with a diluted phosphoric acid is recommended to strip the surface polymers (obviously you wouldn't do this with acid sensitive tiles).
Paint on with a suitably sized paintbrush, leave for a few minutes and wipe off - the colouring comes off the tiles and stays on the grout.
Fast easy work, soo much easier than a regrout.

N

NZ_Tiler

Easy to do - I use 2 different brands depending on colour I want. They're Epoxy based so good and long lasting. If going on flexi grout then cleaning the old grout with a diluted phosphoric acid is recommended to strip the surface polymers (obviously you wouldn't do this with acid sensitive tiles).
Paint on with a suitably sized paintbrush, leave for a few minutes and wipe off - the colouring comes off the tiles and stays on the grout.
Fast easy work, soo much easier than a regrout.

I'm interested in this type of product. Do you know of a demonstration video about this?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Surely it's going to crack again, and you'll carry the burden of agro then.
I would have said do it with a fein and use a clamp, but now you've said it's onto wood then it's a different job all together by the sounds of it.

Obviously wouldn't be suitable on this job bugs

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
But is it cost affective for the customer paying for the acid cleaner then the re colourer and labour as aposed to labour and grout

God yes!! Think of the labour (and dust) involved in mechanically removing the grout - even with a fein it's a PITA and you can never be sure you won't chip a tile. Phosphoric acid costs pence and although the colourant works out a bit more expensive than a bag of grout, it's simple and quick to do. The resulting coloured grout is waterproof and stain resistant like epoxy - so better in that respect too.

O

Olz

This is the colour restore im going to try, well priced as well at Trade Tiler.....

Tradetiler Universeal Grout Colour

These are the range of cleaners, universeal recommended using the power clean before the grout recolour, but ive only got a sample of the recolour so im just going to give the test area a good scrub.

TradeTiler.Ltd Cleaners

[video=youtube_share;s9Z3z9sMQAc]http://youtu.be/s9Z3z9sMQAc[/video]

Reply to Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.