Search the forum,

Discuss Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jimmy Doc

hey all, have a regrout job to do next week, she wants all the grouting redone in her house, bathroom, kitchen floor, ensuite, utilidy, toilet. Haven't done any regrouting yet so whats best way to get all joints cleaned out, have seen bosch multimaster tool any comments on that?

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi Jimmy Doc regrouting is not a job many tilers would take on,make sure if you do do it that the customer has spare tiles in case you damage any ill take a bet you wont be wanting to do anymore,cant comment on the multimaster,good luck

J

Jimmy Doc

yeah might not be the best of jobs to be doing but eh it's work and that's not as easy to come by round here at the minute so i take whatever comes my way, just not sure whats best way of removing old grout

I

Ian

Ive used a dremel in the past, different attachments and adjustable speed settings. Was a long old process though!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hiya jimmy trade tiler sell a blade for removing grout that fits the grinders,not sure on price but it looks good try his link and all the best with the job

T

Time's Ran Out

We did a regrout once!
Limestone grout that dried patchy.
Used a dremmel and loads of attachments.
Make sure you don't scratch the surface of adjoining tiles as they will ask you to replace them at your expense - and if they are old stock you will end up doing the work for nothing or worse:mad2:

J

Jimmy Doc

Hi do these attachments last long, would u get 1 to do a bathroom or do they were out very quick

Reaction score
dremel last about a dozen tiles if you are lucky, floor grout eats them up. Similar for the Rotozip. Just used a grout wheel on the grinder, quick but way too dusty. Rotozip cleanest as it has a port for Henry. Long job. Allow a lot of time.

Reply to Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen