Search the forum,

Discuss Regrout with Fein query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

manctiler

Hi. I tried to get some wall grout out of 2mm joints the other day with the thing carnide blade. The blade lasted about 5 minutes! Didnt get much done.

Am I doing something wrong? Does speed setting make much difference, or was I just unlucky and someone had used a sanded grout?

Anyone know where you can get a THIN diamond blade for narrow wall joints?

L

Leatherface

Not sure mate, the diamond grout removing blade I have is still going strong !!!
Is yours not diamond ? My blade cost about £50 ( or so may have been a bit less )

F

Fred

I find they cut the edge of the tile too much, so back to the grout racker.............

H

Highlander

Buy yourself a dremil you get two different sized grout remover bits one for wider joints and the second for smaller joints. The key to using the dremil is to run the bit down the middle of the joint dont try to remove all the grout using the bit. Once you have run the bit down use a carbide tipped grout remover that Tradetiler sells this then allows you to rake the remaining grout out. By running the dremil down the middle of the joint it weakens the grip of the grout and allows it to be removed easier with the grout remover.

Gary

E

enduro

I have a company near me that i get diamond blades from, they produce them there at there own factory, i took them some fein diamond blades and they said the could make them a lot cheaper and better quality...Watch this space. :punk:

W

White Room

Found the carbide blade did'nt last long and the diamond was over £50:yikes:

K

klouan

I have found that it does depend on the grout - replaced a few kitchen tiles a few months back and the grout ground out really easily with the fein, but this week in a bathroom it was almost impossible to shift!

Think it helps it the grout is already in a weakened state

D

DERBER

Get the bosch ones, similar to the fein,I've done 2 full bathrooms and 1 shower area with 1 of these carbide blades. the original fein 1 did 1m2 and was ( do not swear )about 15 quid on ebay.

K

klouan

Do the bosch blades fit the newer feins with the star shape fittings?

and can you give the exact name of the bosch blade?

Thanks

Reply to Regrout with Fein query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen