Search the forum,

Discuss quick tanking questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

roberto1490

going to tank my wet room tomorrow with durabase wp on walls and floor. room is 6 square metres.

1. i'm going to tank the whole floor how high up should i overlap on the walls? and do i have to overlap on non shower walls?

2. should i tank ever wall or only certain ones?

3. do i need to tank floor to ceiling or just up to a certain height on the walls?

4. how do i tank around the drain?

cheers

rob

F

faithhealer

going to tank my wet room tomorrow with durabase wp on walls and floor. room is 6 square metres.

1. i'm going to tank the whole floor how high up should i overlap on the walls? and do i have to overlap on non shower walls?
do you have any corner tape? if not a bare minimum of 75 mm and I would overlap all the walls. If the tiling isn't up to scratch I've seen where water runs under the tiles and comes up anywhere!

Only shower area plus a bit extra splash over

3. do i need to tank floor to ceiling or just up to a certain height on the walls?
If you have enough membrane, full wall but top of shower head if a bit tight

Carefully!! There will be a flange that the membrane folds into. Start off with a small hole and be careful not to tear it past the flange

cheers

rob
get back with any probs

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wetdec

Originally Posted by roberto1490

do you have any corner tape? if not a bare minimum of 75 mm and I would overlap all the walls. If the tiling isn't up to scratch I've seen where water runs under the tiles and comes up anywhere!

Only shower area plus a bit extra splash over

If you have enough membrane, full wall but top of shower head if a bit tight

Carefully!! There will be a flange that the membrane folds into. Start off with a small hole and be careful not to tear it past the flange

cheers

rob

Puka answer m8 I will just add this to round the post off :

(when the image opens click on it and it will open in your computer allowing you to enlarge it)

Attachments

• cutting-collar-in-wetdecs.gif
    300.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:
F

fitzer

Hello Roberto first i would proof all of shower pay particular attention around tha drain and any entry pipes into the shower set pipes at proper measurements to take shower fiting later.Outside shower area water proof up walls 1500m all corners 1800m if wet room is upstairs make sure the floor is well screwed down re-nforce all corners with waterproof membrane if suplylied not saying you dont know but use approiate adhievse for tiling onto tanking system alot of the reasons why tanking systems fail is thinking that is enough to waterproof i.e.you must use proper adhievse && grout when you have done a good job think about the damage you could do to undo it i.e.its a crime when someone walks in and starts nipping tiles with a pliers and then walk it into the floor good luck with the job.

Reply to quick tanking questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen