Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

No way. Ha

Couldn't believe it either but boy were they stuck. SDS was no good as the silicone took the impact so had to smash it into a million pieces & dig in with a Mutt & 150mm Hamilton

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Not good. I bet they didn't sound as hollow as you'd assume either then. Silicone would take the impact from the coin test too and make it sound a bit duller than you'd get with adhesive.

Suprised the grout held up though. It's a vote of confidence for whatever make that was!

B

Bubblecraft

They didn't sound hollow at all. Even at the pan where they were cracked. I had priced to uplift them if fitted the correct way or near enough. Normally would have had it all up in about half an hour. Took me a whole day! Couldn't even let the customer know as he was abroad so just I took the hit on it.

The grout must have been mixed with a latex to hold up to that

I

Ian

I've posted these before I think, dot and dab over UFH, 1200x600 porcelains. Was only there to replace a couple of loose tiles, ended up ripping the lot up and starting fresh.

ene5apab.jpg

e8yhyna9.jpg

bazynu6e.jpg

B

Bubblecraft

Yikes. That's nasty. Did you manage to salvage the UFH with a SLC or was it ruined?

I

Ian

They were put down in 2008, customer bought the house last March, I found the house on Zoopla and they paid 950k for it, there is approx 300 m2 of tiling all fitted like this, it's only a matter of time before it all fails.

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen