Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tile in my Garage in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live in Sacramento (a Mediterranean climate) I ground my floor with a 70 grit grinder to get the epoxy applied 22 years ago and I now have a smooth and level surface with no cracks. I had the expansion joints mudded over during pouring. I used a 5 sack mix with rebar and 5 inch thick. after research I want porcelain tile with a PCI of 4 or 5 and slip rating of R11 to R13. I have gone to most of the tile stores in Sacramento and can't find anyone that is very knowledgeable. I am not sure if I want 12" x 12" or 12" x 24" (seems like most tile is now in a 12 X 24 format) (Home Depot has a 12 X 12 tile that is PCI 4 and cost $1.50 per sq ft which sounds pretty good) I am not sure if I want to look for or even how to identify tiles that have the following Charteristics (which, after research, I think I should be looking for) Color all the way thru? I recently discovered that the PEI rating only refers to the surface scratch resistance (Earlier I thot it referred to the structural integrity of the tile, will it break under weight) Is there a way to find out if a tile will hold up under weight or are all porcelain tiles rated for heavy loads? Do I need vitrified tiles? Do I need Rectified tiles? Do I want glazed, unglazed or unglazed that is polished tiles? Should I use level master to insure tiles are all level with each other? Should I use Red Guard or equal for a primer? Should I use Schluter Ditra to reduce cracking under movement? What should be my grout space be? I read posts from "Dakota" that sound like he works in a tile store and is an expert. How can I find someone like him to give me answers?

Reply to Porcelain Tile in my Garage in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen