Currently reading:
Porcel thin tiling job

Search the forum,

Discuss Porcel thin tiling job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Louis

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum but been tiling over 15 years with experience in all fields from commercial to high end domestic. But as we are all aware, a bit of advice is always useful.
My thread is this
I have a huge bathroom to do it 1200x600 porcel thin tiles. I have all the equipment to do the job but the client is having these tiles laid on walls aswell as floor onto underfloor heating Matt? I have never laid these tiles so I'd like to ask advice on this!
1. Is this possible with such thin and large format tiles?
2. What method would you guys suggest being that it's on an upstairs 3 rd floor with a HUGE void between the 2nd floor ceiling and the 3rd floor?
3. What spacing with these tiles would you choose?

Thanks very much
Louis

L

Louis

Thanks guys. Seen the video already. The reason I've just bought a 1200 sigma. What method is best for the floor? Ie. ply or insulation board, sbr mixed primer, underfloor heating Matt, weber latex then tile as normal?
Just worried about the underfloor heating with the tile being so big and thin.
the client has already plyed the floor and screwed every 4 inch. This is my problem also. I know insulation boards are the ideal, but what do you guys reckon?

Reply to Porcel thin tiling job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement