Search the forum,

Discuss Plywood or Chipboard under Backerboard? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question, when installing 6mm backer board onto a floor prior to tiling, would you prefer plywood or chipboard underneath?

Also, do you use adhesive and screws to fix the backer board down, or just screws?

For reference, it would be 22mm thick either way, and if chipboard it would be the P5 moisture resistant stuff. If plywood, it would be sealed properly with SBR before installing backer board. Suspended timber floor underneath.

Thanks

Reply to Plywood or Chipboard under Backerboard? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen