Currently reading:
Nvq2 test whats involved?

Discuss Nvq2 test whats involved? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

b30 villain

cheers fellas im doing a level 2 diploma and was told i could do it in a year instead of 2 if i got me head down. now im well ahead of others they seem to just be gettin me to go over the same things over and over again so a bit narked with it at the mo. so was wondering whether to bin it off and do the plumbing course but i aint got the 5 years experience to do the quick NVQ so looks like im stuck with the 2 year thing thanks anyway:thumbsup:

T

The D

If you are on the diploma not the NVQ then there is an end on examination and a practical assessment. the practical is being looked at as the cost of every student tiling a full bathroom scenario in part stone part porcelain and part mosaics is not going to be a viable option for collages as it is not just the assessment but you will have to be trained in the use of the materials for the year. I have not been at the collage for over a year now so I may be a bit out of date. How ever the dip is not an NVQ and you will still need to do the NVQ for you to be able to work on site.

T

The D

if you have 5 proven years in the tiling industry, then you can do a ewpa route, where you attend a place of work or training center, produce work based evidence, have a recorded interview answering questions about tiling and your work history, and do a set task (usually a archway with diamond set insert) and a bit of floor tiling and thats it!! 1 day in total..
Its actually 3 days one day for the initial interview, one day professional discussion and one day practical test. And this can still take six months as it is not done on 3 consecutive days.
:thumbsup:

T

TilerBhoy

theres no exam with nvq its continual assessment

exams went out with city and guilds

you can attend a nvq college course or get on site assessment

go on the citb site for details

Things must be a bit different up here.

Our apprentices do SVQ's here, and they have to do a practical test, that includes quantifying and tiling a set bay from rendering to grouting, at the end of their second year at college.
That does, however, get them an SVQ level 3. The colleges here dont stop at level 2.

Reply to Nvq2 test whats involved? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.