Search the forum,

Discuss Newly qualified tiler looking for unpaid 'intern' experience. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dougmontgomery

Hello everyone,

I wondered if any London tilers are on a job at the moment or have work coming up and would like a spare hand for free? Ive recently completed an 8 week intensive tiling course, but I don't feel confident enough to go it alone and anyway I suspect it would be arrogant to assume I could.

I know in the past people have posted similar requests on here and got short shrift because - as many have pointed out - if an experienced tiler recruits an improver and then the improver leaves to go it alone, the experienced tiler who did the improver a favour and helped him to improve has just created competition for himself - so wheres the incentive? However, I'd be just as happy to stick with someone if it all turned out ok and I started to be of use to them. I have placed an ad on Yell.com (yet to go live) and done a card drop, but I've not had anyone take the bait as yet - I did this basically because I'm looking to work.

I don't have transport or tools yet (I intend to purchase tools when work comes in, and I can get around London really easy without a vehicle, early starts with commuting aren't a problem for me). I know this type of enquiry isn't always popular, but i need work and experience and if you don't ask…

Doug

D

dougmontgomery

Same here Sean, fancy coming to sunny Scotland??
Hope you get out with someone..
Hi Stef, Thanks for the vote of confidence. Funny enough we want to move to Glasgow one day, my roots are there. But realistically I need work in and around London at the moment :smilewinkgrin:, can't see my wife and family being too overjoyed at the prospect of me dragging them away just yet.
Doug

K

kevin.young

Hello everyone,

I wondered if any London tilers are on a job at the moment or have work coming up and would like a spare hand for free? Ive recently completed an 8 week intensive tiling course, but I don't feel confident enough to go it alone and anyway I suspect it would be arrogant to assume I could.

I know in the past people have posted similar requests on here and got short shrift because - as many have pointed out - if an experienced tiler recruits an improver and then the improver leaves to go it alone, the experienced tiler who did the improver a favour and helped him to improve has just created competition for himself - so wheres the incentive? However, I'd be just as happy to stick with someone if it all turned out ok and I started to be of use to them. I have placed an ad on Yell.com (yet to go live) and done a card drop, but I've not had anyone take the bait as yet - I did this basically because I'm looking to work.

I don't have transport or tools yet (I intend to purchase tools when work comes in, and I can get around London really easy without a vehicle, early starts with commuting aren't a problem for me). I know this type of enquiry isn't always popular, but i need work and experience and if you don't ask…

Doug
hi doug my names kevin I live in Surrey and we are a small outfit of 4 tilers and a labourer. We do a lot of work in Central and west London also surrey and Hampshire. Wed be interested in speaking to you so if you'd like to give me a call on 07885624759 and we can take it from there.
cheers
kevin

Reply to Newly qualified tiler looking for unpaid 'intern' experience. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays