Search the forum,

Discuss New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

boys and there toys.... lol lol lol..

D

DHTiling

chill.. i mean we all buy gadgets and fancy tools we don't really need just cause we want them. But lasers can be useful.......

Reaction score

dh, i wasn't being serious in my last post.

it was like...thats not a toy..this is a toy..

i don't use the laser much but when i do it's bloody marvellous..lol

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

Hi all, I have a bathroom to start very soon, now the guy has just fitted his bath himself, it was oversized so he has had to chop it into the wall at both ends ( cowboy stylee ) Now this ahs created a problem at the tap end of the bath, imagine if you can, all the plaster being removed above the taps to window sill height. If he plasters to the original plaste depth, and then I tile, the gap will be almost impossible to turn a tap on. He wants me to tile straight to brickwork behind the taps and then tile on top of those tiles above the taps, to create a 'step' to original depth and to fall in line with the rest of the wall.

Soooo, ( sorry for the long winded explanation )

1) Would this work ?
2) Anyone had similar problems to overcome ?
3) Any more suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

D

DHTiling

well if i was you i would'nt do it , tile it and any leaks and customer will come back to you, plus it will look stupid , could'nt he get the right sized one...

Reaction score

I had this problem at my mums house, i removed all the plaster from the wall and then dot n dabbed the wall with 9.5mm plasterboard, you can then tile directly onto the board, i used the thinner board as it gives a little bit more to play with.
Hope this helps

Cheers,
Mark.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

well if i was you i would'nt do it , tile it and any leaks and customer will come back to you, plus it will look stupid , could'nt he get the right sized one...

Mmmm, with the problem centering on the taps, I hadn't thought about the seal, he's a mate so, I'll explain the problem he might encounter.

Thanks.

I had this problem at my mums house, i removed all the plaster from the wall and then dot n dabbed the wall with 9.5mm plasterboard, you can then tile directly onto the board, i used the thinner board as it gives a little bit more to play with.
Hope this helps

Cheers,
Mark.

I think I might not have explained it properly mate, the whole issue is the space, or lack of behind the taps, seeing as how he's sunk the bath into the wall by about 20 mm.

V

Varley

can he not strip the plaster back to the same depth for the whole wall?

Reaction score

can he not strip the plaster back to the same depth for the whole wall?
this is what i meant but the one i did was not 20mm, prob about 10mm.
yep..go with dh and see if he can a smaller or right sized bath.

Reply to New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen