Search the forum,

Discuss Large size gloss tiles over a large area in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

akis_t

-
Reaction score
Hello,

We will be tiling our ground floor which is screed with no underfloor heating. The area is about 175m2, kitchen, hallway, living room, day room etc.

I am thinking of using large-ish, rectified, gloss porcelain tiles, for example 750x750 or more, fitted very close together, eg 2mm grout lines.

The front porch runs all the way to the back for about 16m and the living room and kitchen are both 8-9m wide. As the tiles and distances are large, how is the tiler going to achieve perfect lines?

Also, the new screed floor differs by about +/-4mm across all the rooms, is the tiler going to use an underlay and/or a thicker bed of adhesive to provide a level floor? Is there a technique to level the tiles, for example maybe using the mark lines on the walls which the screeders used?

Reply to Large size gloss tiles over a large area in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen