Search the forum,

Discuss Large Format - 2 Rooms Meeting At 22Deg Angle At Doorway in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 59001

Hi there,

I am looking for advice on tile layout for a new build.

We are putting 600mm x 600mm large format in the kitchen and running it out the hallway.
The kitchen is at a 22Deg to the hallway.

The edges of the tiles will not aligned at this angle and so i am looking for advice how best to have a nice seamless transition from the kitchen to the hall at the doorway. Images attached.

I am trying multiple offsets of the kitchen tile, while wanting to have the hallway tile central.

Grout is 1.5mm

Much appreciated for any advice

Attachments

• IMG-4652.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-4651.jpg
    841.6 KB · Views: 42
D

Deleted member 59001

Hoping somebody would have any suggestions or best practice ?

Many thanks,
Tom

Reaction score
Only way I can see is if you can set hallway so joint line is running middle of door opening, then use that joint line as a setting out point for main room, the joint would meet visually at the door opening but the joint line will be effectively changing to a diagonal bond which will run centered through room. Very hard to call without a scalable drawing

Reply to Large Format - 2 Rooms Meeting At 22Deg Angle At Doorway in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen