Search the forum,

Discuss Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

NickH

TF
Reaction score
Well that is another arguement but its happening and customers are having run back of water due to layering.

You have a 2% fall .......over this you are putting tilesafe then Devi mat which isnt the easiest to handle on the mat then leveling compound not easy to maintain the 2% if its not something you do every day.............

Virtually every product can be b***ered up and cause problems if its not installed correctly but that can't be a reason for criticising the product itself.

NickH

TF
Reaction score
ok perhaps criticise is the wrong word, blame would be better, but you do seem to be suggesting that a system might not be suitable because some people are incapable of installing it correcctly.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
just finished a wet room with tilesafe on floor and ufh , i just skimmed over with spf on the aquadec area and spent a bit of time leveling and ensuring the falls were correct , as mosaics were going down you have to be careful to avoid ponding.. to be honest though prefer to use imperband..

W

wetdec

ok perhaps criticise is the wrong word, blame would be better, but you do seem to be suggesting that a system might not be suitable because some people are incapable of installing it correcctly.

Make it easy on me please quote the section where I critise, blame or suggest that a system might not be suitable because some people are incapable of installing it correcctly for me so we can all see it

tiler

NickH

TF
Reaction score
Well that is another arguement but its happening and customers are having run back of water due to layering.

You have a 2% fall .......over this you are putting tilesafe then Devi mat which isnt the easiest to handle on the mat then leveling compound not easy to maintain the 2% if its not something you do every day.............

So you advocate tiling over your aqua dec base with UFH despite the fact that building of layers over a former could alter fall patterns and inhibit water drainage. Should this happen and the base need lifting you will lose the UFH for the whole room wont you ?

Well maybe i'm taking this the wrong way but that doesn't sound much like a recommendation to me. I actually think your whole original post was a bit "unfriendly" and I'm sure Impey UK felt the same too. BTW I have no connection with Impey, just expressing a personal opinion here.

W

wetdec

Well isn’t that a true statement, - there is no injury to product we are talking on theme

So you advocate tiling over your aqua dec base with UFH despite the fact that building of layers over a former could alter fall patterns and inhibit water drainage. Should this happen and the base need lifting you will lose the UFH for the whole room wont you ?

It is a question – then fact again I’m not critisizing and the man answered it as I would,

I wasn’t unfriendly but I did pick up on his first statement which if you read adds a certain doubt as to why Mr Impey just happened to call by.

If you like it was a little like someone calling on you in work saying he had come to explain about gwgwmat as you asked about it……………….then as he was leaving stuck a sticker for gwgwmat on your van

You get me

I

Impey UK

This is all getting a bit out of hand by the look of it - wetdec you clearly are either a very suspcious individual or territorial of your 'advertising space'. As I mentioned in the opening of this thread - the whole point was to explain and hopefully make clear to the installers that use this site as a point of reference and advice what we recommend when fitting the Tilesafe membrane. People are free to make their own decisions - and what works for one installer may not necessarily be the preferance of another.

We 'called by' because forums are a good way for us to get some genuine unbiased feedback on what the trade think of our products - it helps us to gauge where we are getting it right and wrong - which is very important to any business, especially one of our size.

In terms of posting a sticker on your van - is that not something you do every time someone comes to this forum looking for advice?

I made no point of advertising - and when I left a link for people to view how the internal and external corners are formed in Tilesafe (a point you raised - not me) it was deleted.

Argueing on this topic was not the point of the thread and as the users of this forum are capable of making up their own minds on what seems to be going on here I have nothing left to say.

Of course, if people have genuine questions relating to products from Impey UK then we will do our best to answer them.

regards

W

wetdec

In terms of posting a sticker on your van - is that not something you do every time someone comes to this forum looking for advice?
Yes and all sponsors happily pay for the privilage

As I already said :

Its cool to have someone around from Impey as sometimes there are questions that are best answered by yourselves.

Chill... & welcome again
clip_image001.gif
As others have said :

Remember to say hi in the Newbie forum just to let everyone know you are here...

tilersforums.com Tiling & Tile Forum (Tilers Forums)

Dayley people drop in here post about their product drop in a link as pure advertising and move on......

You seem to know your way around forums so will apreciate how important saying hi is in building trust rather than just dropping posts in where you think they will best benefit you. Alternatively you could of contacted the board owner and shown your interest in supporting us.

I am protective of the community.............................

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen