Search the forum,

Discuss How To Tile, Advice & All the questions I asked when i joined in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

re: Tile Advice - All the questions I asked when i joined - Answered

Thanks Fella's, I'm sure this is all bread and butter stuff for most of you, but as i've experienced (and still very much am) it's a huge learning curve and hopefully this will be helpfull for someone.

F

Falcone

Great post Oli cheers mate.

still very much learning, lots of good advice here. thanks again :thumbsup:

O

Olz

A quick one before I go to bed,

Silicone Tip

Apply your bead of silicone, having cut the nozzle at 45 degrees, when you've put the bead on, spray it with a weak washing up liquid and water mix, spray your silicone smoothing tool or finger with the washing up liquid and water mix and smooth the silicone bead using one smooth motion, leave the washing up liquid and water mix to dry away.

The washing up liquid and water mix should only me made weak, and will stop the silicone sticking to your smoothing tool and finger making it easy to smooth over without it going all over the place. :thumbsup:

S

Spirit

You can also smooth silicone with a Fugi, which requires no liquid or lubricant, therefore any silicone scraped off can be reused elsewhere.

O

Olz

Firefox wont find the plugin needed to view the link mate, what's a Fugi?

Nice siggy by the way mate, made me chuckle. :lol:

Edit: Found it on google mate, similar to the Karl Dahm shaping tool

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spirit

Another LINKEY for those without Windows Media Player. :thumbsup:

F

Falcone

i have one of those kits. they're really good. give a really nice finish. highly recommended.:thumbsup:

D

Derry

great info oli, thanks for sharing and appreciated by many :thumbsup:

S

shane176

thanks for the info,
printed it off just in-case

beanz

TF
Reaction score

drill 4 holes in the tile, in a square formation.

Can you elaborate on this please Oli? I'm probably just dense, but i'm not 100% sure what you mean!?! Are these holes at the mid points, corners, edges, or doesn't it matter too much?

Great thread BTW, learning loads arlready! :thumbsup:

Reply to How To Tile, Advice & All the questions I asked when i joined in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen