Search the forum,

Discuss How to finish floor tiles in a doorway in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Ramsden

Does anyone else finish tiles in a doorway halfway under the door with the relevent depth square edge chrome trim?

Will post a picture tommorow...

W

White Room

All depends what's on the other side of the door, Carpet, tiles or laminate flooring, Wether you need a threshold strip

D

Dave Ramsden

Well I generally do it that way so that the person thats finishing the other floor can add to it if required. Reducing strips are still easy to fit over the top.
I used to always fit a hardwood strip.

W

White Room

What I try and do is when the door is shut make sure that you can't see the edges of the tiles if I'm putting a stop strip in

D

Dave Ramsden

When working on old building refurbs, sometimes reducing strips dont always fit the doorway properly. If theres not height difference between the two finishes, it looks nice just seeing a 1mm chrome line under the door.

W

White Room

The trouble with threshold strips it could mean having to take a bit of the bottom of the door, Not my favorite job

A

Alberta Stone

Don't forget to undercut the door casing and jams so that when you are done it looks as if the door was built flush onto the top of the tiles.
I still see lots of hacks who just cut the tiles around the door casing/jams and just grout or silicone the edge to finish.
Very unprofessional finish.
Takes a few minutes and a crosscut saw and chisel to do it right.
(unless you bought one of the undercut electrics which are pimped out angle grinders with a saw blade).

T

The D

Don't forget to undercut the door casing and jams so that when you are done it looks as if the door was built flush onto the top of the tiles.
I still see lots of hacks who just cut the tiles around the door casing/jams and just grout or silicone the edge to finish.
Very unprofessional finish.

Takes a few minutes and a crosscut saw and chisel to do it right.
(unless you bought one of the undercut electrics which are pimped out angle grinders with a saw blade).
I hadn’t realised it was unprofessional to do it like that
deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture805-dscf0219.jpg
deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture806-dscf0220.jpg

Reply to How to finish floor tiles in a doorway in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen