Search the forum,

Discuss How much do you charge to remove and then regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

felix

Going to estimate a job where the plumber fitted the bathroom and then did the tiles. Customer said the tiling was ok but the grout job was terrible. They want a quote to remove the old grout and re grout it. Does anybody have a set price or do you just charge labour rate? How long does it normally take? (ie. how big an area can be done in a day?)

F

Fekin

All depends on how easy the grout comes out, and you need to really get the full depth of the old grout out so the new has a good hold.
Then it depends on the size of tiles, smaller tiles obviously means more grout lines to be dug out, also theres a chance of scratching\chipping the tiles while doing it.
Not a nice job to be honest, can be painstakingly slow going and if the grouting job has been done shoddy you might end up having to clean off any old welded on small lumps of grout from the original job from all the tiles edges too.

If I went to quote a re-grout I would explain that theres no way I can estimate propperly how long it would take, as it's a as it goes kind of job, and would be chargable at day rates, could be one day, could be 2, you never know until your into the job.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I never do regrout jobs..............it is one job that drive's me totally nuts :icon8:

J

JC tiling

i hate it... but i charge day rate and explain to the customer about the scratchig of tiles and chipping and that it could take at least 2 days, that way you can take your time and try your best not to scratch:ban::ban:

Reply to How much do you charge to remove and then regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen