Search the forum,

Discuss How has 2012 started for you work wise.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
well im very quite, been out this evening to look at a 3m2 kitchen splashy, and 3m2 of slate in a poarch, wonder if its worth it sometimes, quoted two big bathrooms 50m2 just after christmas but the customer rang to say the plumber was doing it all now, as it was cheaper :mad2: got three bathrooms to look at this week, so a least the phones ringing, always the same though when your piled out with work everyone wants it doing yesterday and when you got nowt know ones in a hurry lol..

Last edited:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Put back another week on a big kitchen re plaster and 18m of slate floor.
Started a barn re fit yesterday( just downstairs plastering) now waiting for leccy to 1st fix. Booked up with plastering for a month or 2, got a bathroom to tile and a en suite and a floor in next month or so+ put a offer in on a house to do up and rent out, also gonna get another when i can find one cheap enough
Ps im not loaded im borrowing to do this for my pension :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.800050,-2.266526

U

user123

No commission as yet, but have three galleries to supply, one that wants outdoors/garden items, (so there are more birdbaths to come, simpler ones this time, nice to do) a charity piece to make and something for an exhibition. All cost money with no immediate returns, so am much happier with commissions in general and hoping something will come up after I get back from Germany to sort out my late Mum's flat etc., perhaps NOT having to start a commission yet may be a blessing in disguise. Makes me a bit nervous though.

Reply to How has 2012 started for you work wise.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.