Currently reading:
how do you clean your tiling spacers

Search the forum,

Discuss how do you clean your tiling spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

hi there.
if you get addhesive on them .
how do you get it off. its easy to clean a few but if you have had an accident with them or are just messy youl have a lot to do.
iv heard of
soaking them in hot water
soaking in water then feazing them
putting them in a jar with small ball bearings in it and shack the jar
grab a fit and rub them around in your hands.

how do the pros clean them

I do reuse spacers if they're clean and undamaged but they're cheap enough to replace and not worth spending time cleaning them. I pay about 3 quid for a big tub, lasts months usually

tapatalk on my HTC

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
044.jpg and i guarantee one day this will happen to you...:oops:

A

Alan M

i think you lot are being a bit harsh.i hope this forum isnt like some other forums i dont frequent anymore.im not a tight person by anymeans, so those comments are concerning . waste is waste and waste is money out of your pocket. i thought there might be a nice easy fast way but as it turns out that you lot buy tubs of thousands at a time. 5 euro for hundreds or thousands is ok but 5 for 50-100 adds up fast. i do treat them as disposable but only when they have reached the end of their lives

T

Time's Ran Out

Come on Alan, you'd get more flak on a building site then the few comments here.
If you seriously think that washing spacer pegs is a cost effective way of saving money then that's your choice and as you've asked the members for their views you have to accept that some may find your interpretations of saving money - penny pinching.
So be an active contributor to the best Tilers Forum around and ENJOY - your post has certainly made me smile - so Thanks.

A

Alan M

speek ing of rubis . i was in my local tool shop yesterday.
i was serching on a few lower shelfs. i pulled out a few lovely clean bright sigmas (just got in judging by the condition of the books and the tool) . any way inthe back i saw a long red case. i pulled it out ond dusted it off. it was a rubi. i fiddled with it for a while but got frustrated . on the shelf next to it was a cheapo diy version. the pics looked the very same as the rubi. the sales man didnt even know that they sol rubi and hes the tool buyer for them.
shows what the trade is buying

M

mattle40

i was serching on a few lower shelfs. i pulled out a few lovely clean bright sigmas (just got in judging by the condition of the books and the tool) . any way inthe back i saw a long red case. i pulled it out ond dusted it off. it was a rubi. i fiddled with it for a while but got frustrated . on the shelf next to it was a cheapo diy version. the pics looked the very same as the rubi. the sales man didnt even know that they sol rubi and hes the tool buyer for them.

The more sigmas out there the better ;-)

Who's the daddy!

W

White Room

You be careful, you could get arrested for that:lol:

I have this argument all the time, for me, I find it more cost effective to use the spacers 'properly' in other words grout over them, some fixers would rather put 4 spacers in and take them back out, clean them etc, time = money ( I do a lot of site work ) and the 'small' cost of the spacers against the time taken to reclaim them is daft imho. Each to their own though.

Reply to how do you clean your tiling spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.