Currently reading:
Hemihydrate screed priming and decoupling

Search the forum,

Discuss Hemihydrate screed priming and decoupling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dmcginty

Hi All,

I'm a self builder and as always I'm trying to seperate the wheat from the chaff. I have been given a price for 50mm hemihydrate screed which is to be laid on 175mm xtratherm.

Originally our engineer specified 150mm insulation with a traditional 75mm screed. We are using UFH. I would like to speed up the build process as we are behind schedule, big surprise!

If i go with the hemihydrate screed can i speed up the process by using a decoupling layer like durabase ci or do i still need to wait on the UFH to be commisioned and the full 60days for it to be dry. Also how much space does this layer add to the overall floor construction. We intend to put 20mm marble on this floor and in other rooms 20mm engineered oak.

My supplier has stated that i do not need a decoupling layer just to prime with an acyrlic primer and use flexible adhesive?

When using a decoupling layer do i still need to prime the floor with an acrylic primer and what type of addy should i use to stick the decoupling layer. On top of the decoupling layer is there a special type of addy i should use?

New to all this so every bit of info is appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to Hemihydrate screed priming and decoupling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.