Search the forum,

Discuss Help with first bathroom wall tiling job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike2020

Hello,

Nice to be on this forum, I am trying to tile my bathroom wall as the builders only did about a fifth of it when it was built (house built 3 year ago) and I was wondering if I could get some advice.

The existing tiles is a Porcelanosa bali nieve 20x31.6. what is the best adhesive to use for this, can I just use general adhesive like the Wicks own brand?

cheers

Mike

Q

Qwerty

What is the surface of the wall made of that you are tiling?

I would steer clear of any DIY shed own brands and go with a bagged cement adhesive from the likes of Mapei, Tilemaster, BAL, Weber or Bostik.

Have you considered contacting a reputable tiler, or advertising the job on here?

M

mike2020

What is the surface of the wall made of that you are tiling?

I would steer clear of any DIY shed own brands and go with a bagged cement adhesive from the likes of Mapei, Tilemaster, BAL, Weber or Bostik.

Have you considered contacting a reputable tiler, or advertising the job on here?

hi,

It is a plasterboard, yes i was looking at the the Bal on Topps tiles Bal Green Star 15kg | Topps Tiles - http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod2927/bal-green-star-15kg.html.

it is for a small area, like i said in my previous post there already tiles on the wall, just looking to add a few more to it.

D

Dumbo

As @Plan Tec Tiling said a cement based bagged adhesive is best but to be fair I expect your existing tiles have been put on using a ready mix but bal green star is not a very nice adhesive to use it is cheap . If you really want to use ready mix probably better of spending more money on something like bal whitestar if you are going to stick with topps tiles .

G

GoneGuy

Could you post some pictures of the job to help us understand better? Will be easier for some of us to give advice

M

mike2020

Hello,

thanks for all your reply. @Plan Tec Tiling the wall is painted @jcrtiling am not really fixed on using topp tiles i just got suggested that, so what ever is the best option i am open minded. I will also like to mention that in future we could be putting a power shower in there. i have attached some pics hope they help.

DSC_0077.JPG DSC_0081.JPG

Reply to Help with first bathroom wall tiling job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen