Currently reading:
H&R Johnsons Adhesives tile adhesives for the trade

Search the forum,

Discuss H&R Johnsons Adhesives tile adhesives for the trade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Johnson's Ahdesives

H&R Johnsons used to own Norcros, they are far from new to the game. They've been very close to Norcros (BAL and Dunlop) ever since and I think now they have taken the name Norcros back or something? (I think they had to wait for years before they can trade under the name, and now's their chance). They may not at the moment be touching BAL's rep and quality but I have a good feeling about them.

M

Mandy Searle

As Head of Technical Services for Norcros Adhesives I am able to provide some background information regarding our company.

The Norcros Group, which also owns H&R Johnson Tiles & Triton Showers in the U.K were owners of Building Adhesives Ltd (BAL & Dunlop) up until 2001 when they sold the company to Ardex.

A condition of the sale was that Norcros was excluded from the U.K tile adhesive market for a period of 3 years. That exclusion expired at the end of 2004 and over the course of the past 18 months myself and a group of my former colleagues have returned to Norcros and established a new tile adhesive company. Between us we have many years experience in the tile adhesives business.

We commenced trading in August last year and I am pleased to say that business is good, our products being used on projects such as several Ferrari Garages in the U.K, Catterick Garrison, Colchester Barracks & Dubai International airport.

We are currently trading under 2 brands, namely Norcros and Johnson Professional.

Our head office contacts are:

Technical helpline: 0870 609 2851
Sales: 01782 524 140
E-mail: [email protected]
Website (currently under construction): [DLMURL]http://www.norcros-adhesives.com[/DLMURL]

View attachment 61315

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Smiths

Mandy Searle said:
As Head of Technical Services for Norcros Adhesives I am able to provide some background information regarding our company.

The Norcros Group, which also owns H&R Johnson Tiles & Triton Showers in the U.K were owners of Building Adhesives Ltd (BAL & Dunlop) up until 2001 when they sold the company to Ardex.

A condition of the sale was that Norcros was excluded from the U.K tile adhesive market for a period of 3 years. That exclusion expired at the end of 2004 and over the course of the past 18 months myself and a group of my former colleagues have returned to Norcros and established a new tile adhesive company. Between us we have many years experience in the tile adhesives business.

We commenced trading in August last year and I am pleased to say that business is good, our products being used on projects such as several Ferrari Garages in the U.K, Catterick Garrison, Colchester Barracks & Dubai International airport.

We are currently trading under 2 brands, namely Norcros and Johnson Professional.

Website (currently under construction): [DLMURL]http://www.norcros-adhesives.com[/DLMURL]
It's been under construction for ages...get a move on. By the way, you're expensive, too.:p

View attachment 61330

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Website (currently under construction): [DLMURL="http://www.norcros-adhesives.com"]Norcros Adhesives[/DLMURL]

Mandy,

Is it true that it's not manufactured in the UK?

View attachment 65954

Last edited:
L

Leatherface

Website (currently under construction): [DLMURL="http://www.norcros-adhesives.com"]Norcros Adhesives[/DLMURL]

Hi Mandy,
sorry about this, please don't take this personally, but I had the displeasure recently of using some Norcross tub adhesive recently - blue lid. It was probably the worst adhesive I have ever used. A large majority of it fell off the wall as I was trowelling it on. The adhesive was customer suppiled. Never again.

View attachment 65978

S

Spud

our local tile shop is now stocking your adhesive which is a shame as they are not trade friendly so you wont get the tilers in my area using it ,only domestic retail customers who dont mind paying high prices.if you want tilers using it then you need to price it right and get it in to higher volume trade outlets .once tilers get familar with your brand they will stick with it , i have just dropped dunlop as the other tile shop i used started going stupid with their prices

dptiling

TF
Arms
clacton

H&R Johnsons used to own Norcros, they are far from new to the game. They've been very close to Norcros (BAL and Dunlop) ever since and I think now they have taken the name Norcros back or something? (I think they had to wait for years before they can trade under the name, and now's their chance). They may not at the moment be touching BAL's rep and quality but I have a good feeling about them.

h&r johnsons have been about since i can remember.

S

Spud

I used Norcross adhesives lately on my hotel job,they supplied all the materials bar the tiles,
great floor adhesive but the wall was so bloody hard to use,falling off the wall etc,had to just paste the back of the tiles but when set there was no budging!! lovely grout to use and the tanking kits were top notch too.
Handy tubs,lol.
i spoke to a tiler the other day who has had the rep out twice as the white wall grout was drying patchy might be teething problems

L

ldmfanclub

For what its worth, I have just fitted 75m of Porc floor tiles using the norcros spf - (cust supplied with the Johnsons tiles) it mixed and trowelled well - no problems

The Johnsons grout was OK too

Wall tiles though (Johnsons 100mm sq) - agree with the previous poster re. the bucket gear, ended up working more efficiently by whacking it on the back of the tiles

Usually use Dunlop for bagged and bucket...

Matt

Reply to H&R Johnsons Adhesives tile adhesives for the trade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible. Let's see if there's is a disparity across the country.
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.