Currently reading:
Grout joints for 1000x1000 Porcel-Thin

Discuss Grout joints for 1000x1000 Porcel-Thin in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

P993

Morning all. Sorry for the ignorant question, but we’re just about to buy some large format 1000x10000 Porcel-Thin, and I was wondering if they can easily take 2mm joints, or would it be better to go for 3mm ?

The tiles will be installed over Ditra, on a screened floor which has a water-pipe based underfloor heating system (ie. not electric).

Read that the TTA recommend 3mm (see image in my reply below), but just wondering if it is easy/feasible to go down to 2mm without causing issues ?

Many thanks in advance for any views.

P

P993

119DDD94-078F-4E5D-ABE1-49661D24D5EE.jpeg

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Maidstone
Morning all. Sorry for the ignorant question, but we’re just about to buy some large format 1000x10000 Porcel-Thin, and I was wondering if they can easily take 2mm joints, or would it be better to go for 3mm ?

The tiles will be installed over Ditra, on a screened floor which has a water-pipe based underfloor heating system (ie. not electric).

Read that the TTA recommend 3mm (see image in my reply below), but just wondering if it is easy/feasible to go down to 2mm without causing issues ?

Many thanks in advance for any views.
We all use 2mm. Ditra no. Isomat or similar is best

Reply to Grout joints for 1000x1000 Porcel-Thin in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement