Search the forum,

Discuss Grout colour difference in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi - any advice would be gratefully received.

The colour of the grout in my bathroom varies from light to dark grey.
I used Elise Pink Hexagon Wall and Fall Tiles from Victoria Plumbing, and Mapei flexible wall and flour grout in Grey. My bathroom fitter installed the tiles. At first I thought the colour difference was due to slower drying in some areas, however it has now been 2 months. I have not yet paid for the work.

The dark sections only occur in the real joins, however not all real joins are darker than the false joins within the tile. I think some sections of grout have become over-washed. The 'false' joins within the tile are not very deep, perhaps 1.5mm so the grout here is shallow and I think this has caused it to be over-washed.
After the installation I noticed that Victoria Plum recommend using Epoxy grout with these tiles - would this take better to a shallow 'false' joint?

Potential workaround? - When the grout is wet it has a consistent dark grey all throughout, this isn't ideal but is much better than the current state. I read on other forums that I could use an enhancer sealer such as aqua mix enrich and seal in order to get a consistent darker look. Is this a good compromise? Is there an alternative available in the UK?

What should I do to get an acceptable finish? - Try the enhancer? Re-grout with same grout? Regrout with Epoxy? Rip it all out and start again?

I'd really appreciate any help - Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220329_115942.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220329_120000.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Adding more photos. You can see grout missing and how the colour is sometimes darker even on the 'false' joints

Attachments

• 20220216_165132.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220329_175039.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 22

Reply to Grout colour difference in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen