Search the forum,

Discuss Glass tiles behind hob in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

We had been considering glass tiles for the splashback in our new kitchen, however the sales assistant in the tile showroom says that they cannot be used above the hob as they will discolour. Does anyone know if this is true or have any experience of this as I had never heard of it before. Thanks for your help

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, glass tiles can start to look a little grotty if they are subject to too much heating up and cooling down. I'd go for a fancy plaque of some sort or call a few more tile stores to see if any can guarantee you that they will stay as new long-term.

There are some tiles available that have a pearlescent glaze on them and if you go for a silver or white you might get a similar effect as those you're looking at. Just a thought.

P.S. don't forget to register when you have a minute. www.tilersforums.com/register.php - it's free and only takes a minute, and you get a newsletter if you check the box too :D

Reply to Glass tiles behind hob in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen