Search the forum,

Discuss Garage floor tiling prep/install advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Moving into a new build property in the near future so planning the 33 odd sqm garage space.
Will be used for restoring individual cars so want a durable, permanent and comfortable space - Heating is another conversation
smile.gif

Have opted for Dotti porcelain tiles - 300mmx300mm (grade 5, non slip, full through tile)
Previously had experience with Epoxy flooring but want to try a different option this time around.

Looking for some sound advice around the laying/prep required for the tiles, as some tilers/quotes have differing opinions about the laying of the tiles;

Garage is under the main master bedroom, garage walls/ceiling will be insulated and plasterboarded and looking to get an insulated door over the standard non version that will come with the property.
The concrete base has a DPM layer and trying to understand from the builder if there is an insulation layer down there too.

One tiler would opt for; 6mm insulation boards with an anti fracture matt then tiling on top.
another;
No insulation boards and matt layer required and tiling on a solid bed using a non void trowel using flexible tile adhesive - Will add an expansion joint in the middle along grout route/gap - They would also seal the porcelain tiles

Conflicting info gets me thinking, what is the best solution here - any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to Garage floor tiling prep/install advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen