Search the forum,

Discuss Floor screed drying time - advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mick7

I'm having a 65mm thick ready mix floor screed laid tomorrow over, what would you recommend is the earliest time I could lay 60 x 60 porcelain floor tiles on it. Bit desperate as i cant install the toilet until the tiles are laid - or any ideas - its a back to the wall loo.
many thanks
Great helpful forum

D

davy_G

Building regs are 1 day for every 1mm of depth. Thats 2 months give or take. That is however under normal drying/curing conditions. If the heating etc is on now and again I think 4 weeks is more than suffice. I tiled mine at 4 weeks and no probs.

M

mick7

ditra matting

hurray, this looks like the ideal solution. I used this in my bathroom over ply, it was quite expensive though. I used their branded adhesive( very very expensive) to stick it down to the ply in the bathroom.

Any advice on what to use to stick it to the concrete?

G

grumpygrouter

Check out the installation guides on the Schluter site, I think, but don't quote me, that you use standard adhesive, not flexy, on both sides. I.E BAL rapidset or Ardex S16 or something similar from other manufacturers.

I also thing you can get the Ditra from Walls & Floors for about £6.5/mtr. (may have to buy a full roll though)

Grumpy
----
I have just checked - 5mtr roll £65 +vat

Grumpy

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

or you could fit your loo siting on a piece of 12mm board and temporary fit it do the rest of the work while the screed cures/drys in 14 days
Regards Pete

M

mick7

Trying to find a stockist now of the ditra matting at a reasonable price. Any links please.

Reply to Floor screed drying time - advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen