Search the forum,

Discuss Floor prep - hardi vs jacko in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

serval

TF
Reaction score
Im soon to start overboarding my floor. (22mm chipboard tng) in prep for tiling.
The floor is solid with no bounce.

Having just used jackoboard on the walls and found it so quick and easy to work with im wondering can it be used asan alternative to hardibacker when it comes to overboarding the floor? Would it be a like for like swap? Ie 6mm thick jacko to replace 6mm hardi?

serval

TF
Reaction score
Cheers Dave. Ive got a bunch of washers left over from doing the walls.
Will check the price difference between the 6mm hardi vs jacko and decide one way or the other

Reply to Floor prep - hardi vs jacko in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen