Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible adhesive and grout..... in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Tried kerakoll eco 2 to 12 last week. Nothing spectacular. I need to try the fine stuff. Eco flex or whatever as that’s supposed to be the good stuff.

This gear was sandy and seemed similar to Bal Superflex wide joint.

Floor adhesive, I tend to use Tilemaster or Biogel No Limits or revolution with Bal MM2. I like the Bal grout despite some hating it. It’s good stuff

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Tried kerakoll eco 2 to 12 last week. Nothing spectacular. I need to try the fine stuff. Eco flex or whatever as that’s supposed to be the good stuff.

This gear was sandy and seemed similar to Bal Superflex wide joint.

Floor adhesive, I tend to use Tilemaster or Biogel No Limits or revolution with Bal MM2. I like the Bal grout despite some hating it. It’s good stuff
Do you add GT1 to the bal grouts ?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Uk
I still have a bag of 3000 in the van.

Tempted to mix some up just to feel what it’s like as I know I’ll never use it as it’s white.

I think you need a hobby!

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Warwickshire
For Mapei users in the situation mentioned by Andy Allen which of their range would you use. Most upstairs bathrooms in houses have floorboards or chipboard on joists which I then overboard with a backer board , usually no more ply. I’m doing a ground floor flat bathroom and ensuitr next month - concrete slab with joists resting on top then 22mm plasterboard, then 18mm chipboard panels. I’m going to overboard with 6 my nmp. No ufh. I tend to use keraflex maxi s1 for most wall and floor applications as I get on with it well. Would there be any need to use an s2 in this situation

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Warwickshire
thanks jctiling, that does make sense, to be honest I have never felt the need to use it. i just like to check how others are doing things. I tend to call mapei technical for any advice re: the application of their products should I feel the need. They have so many different addys most of which seem to cross over in application to each other. It can get a bit confusing. As i said i use the maxi s1 for most floors and walls and get on with it well.

Reply to Flexible adhesive and grout..... in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible. Let's see if there's is a disparity across the country.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement