Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing jackoboard over existing dot & dab plasterboard - what thickness should I use. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I’ve not been on for a while since completing a new fully tiled ensuite last year. Help on here was superb! Thank you.
I’m onto the main bathroom now which has been gutted and then plaster-boarded. This was done 6 months ago. I’m thinking of creating a new shower cubicle which will have a sliding door, rather than a door & glass side panel. To do this i need to build either a stud wall, plasterboard, then tank the whole area with ardex ( as i used last time) or possibly use 50mm x 2500mmx 900mm jackoboard. If i went this route I was thinking I could line the other 2 plasterboard walls with 6mm jackoboard to maintain consistancy.

questions:
1) is a 50mm jackoboard strong enough to withstand a sliding door closing against it?
2) how would the door frame fix to the jackoboard.
3) can the end of the 50mm jackoboard be bonded to the existing dot & dab plasterboard
4) is 6mm jackoboard on the plasterboard walls thick enough to tile onto - 10mm 250 x 600 porcelain.

Sorry for the long post! Tia.

Reaction score
Decided to build a stud wall for greater stability & use marmox 12.5mm 1200x600 boards on the three sides. Tilefix advised on the method & supplied everything I needed. I’m also replacing all floorboards with 18mm ply. Thanks

Reply to Fixing jackoboard over existing dot & dab plasterboard - what thickness should I use. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen