Currently reading:
Fix backer board to thermalite

Discuss Fix backer board to thermalite in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Not sure if this forum is broken I can’t see most posts due to adverts, but I’ll give it a go.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting tile backer board to thermalite blocks? I have no room for battens so was going to dot and dab with mechanical fittings. Are thermalites suitable for spankers? If not what is best way to fix? Thermalites are no stronger than sponge for fixing!

Not all tiling board manufacturers recommend dot and dabbing there boards. Check with the manufacturer of the board you intend to use.
Thanks for the advice. Yes it is recommended according to the website. It is q board from bandQ good price for 20mm 2400x600. My question is what mechanical fixing for thermalite as I bloody hate this blocks I can fix anything any sense. bring back dense concrete blocks that’s what I say:) brick it’s and their labourers my have a different view!

Reply to Fix backer board to thermalite in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement