Search the forum,

Discuss First time DIY tiler tackling a non straight external corner in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chloe

TF
London
Hi,

I'm a first time DIY tiler and have almost finished tiling my bathroom walls with 600 X 300 floor to ceiling, but I've hit a snagging point... I've got a floor to ceiling external corner which isn't straight by quite a long way. I want to use straight edge trim, but am really not confident about what to do to get it looking reasonable.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Chloe

Chloe

TF
London
Thanks very much for the reply. See pic attached. About an inch at the top.

IMAG0566.jpg

Chloe

TF
London
Almost there... Just got to cut the top section around the extractor fan. Wanted to leave a 4mm ish gap around it to caulk so that it can be easily removed if necessary. Not quite sure how I'm going to do that cut though. I've been using an electric cutter but do have a manual one. Do you think I should cut in on the electric and score with the manual along the edge of the fan hoping it will snap OK?

IMAG0584.jpg

Reply to First time DIY tiler tackling a non straight external corner in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement