Search the forum,

Discuss External Corner joints - are there any pictures please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matt

:oops: That's a typo. The tile trim was £4.99. I would add that the guy did give me a discount on the adhesive because he knew I was unable to physically carry 20kg of the powder stuff up four flights of stairs so I bought the 15kg ready mix stuff, and as he knew I had lots of building up, he knew I'd probably be back for a smaller tub.

Yes, the shop was Tile Magic before. The tools are away from the counter. Will make a point of looking to see if there's a price list behind counter. However, I feel that as the tools etc. are on racks, they could be priced there without people having to probably strain to see the list behind the counter. :thumbsup:

As for how you could improve - get a website up listing the prices of tools and maybe showing your tiles. Topps have one, Walls and Floors, Tileclick, TileDealer etc. At least it gives us non-professionals an idea of what things should be costing instead of having to go on the internet. You're potentially losing out on a lot of business because I've been going on to other tile websites. The only reason I ended up going to Tile Giant as opposed to others was that I live 2 minutes away so am able to carry stuff and pop in and out as I feel the need. However, if I had a car, I would probably go somewhere else where I could see prices etc. Obviously, if you get things onto a website, you'll be doing yourself favours. I did avoid Topps even though that's 10 minutes away and I don't think they charge much for delivery, but I'd read on here they were a rip-off :thumbsup:

However, I may go to them to get some tiles cut, or do Tile Giant offer a tile cutting service as well?

Whilst we're on the subject, something seems to have happened to the wheel on the tile cutter. It's sitting flush with the rod instead of protruding so I can't cut any tiles. :mad2:

How much would a new one of those be in Tile Giant please? It's a Star 40 tile cutter if that helps.

Glad the price was a typo, I was hoping it would be :)

We will soon be going e-commerce and having a much better website than we do now. It will have prices etc. That will be going live soon :)

Sadly, we don't offer a tile cutting service but if you ask, they may do some cuts for you :)

As for the star 40. I presume it is a Rubi Star 40? If you turn the handle anticlockwise, it should release the scoring wheel and rod. If you take that into the Brixton shop, you should be able to buy a replacement wheel which will be much cheaper than a new cutter. About £8 if I remember correctly.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, I will link this thread to the powers that be so they can see it :)

M

Minnie

Glad the price was a typo, I was hoping it would be :)

We will soon be going e-commerce and having a much better website than we do now. It will have prices etc. That will be going live soon :)

Sadly, we don't offer a tile cutting service but if you ask, they may do some cuts for you :)

As for the star 40. I presume it is a Rubi Star 40? If you turn the handle anticlockwise, it should release the scoring wheel and rod. If you take that into the Brixton shop, you should be able to buy a replacement wheel which will be much cheaper than a new cutter. About £8 if I remember correctly.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, I will link this thread to the powers that be so they can see it :)

Yes, I have seen the rods so was going to take that down, and funnily enough, I had an idea of the price, so maybe there are things that are priced.

Yes, it's a Rubi Star 40.

They're not tilers down there, so I don't know whether they'll be willing to cut or not, but it's worth asking. I'm sure they're sick of the sight of me so the sooner I get this finished, the better for them. :smilewinkgrin:

D

Deleted member 9966

Yes, I have seen the rods so was going to take that down, and funnily enough, I had an idea of the price, so maybe there are things that are priced.

They're not tilers down there, so I don't know whether they'll be willing to cut or not, but it's worth asking. I'm sure they're sick of the sight of me so the sooner I get this finished, the better for them. :smilewinkgrin:

Minnie, I'm sure Matt's sick of the sight of me too as I've been in and out his store loads in the last month :thumbsup:

By the way, just referring back to the thread title, did you get any pictures or ideas of external corners? I've just tiled my bathroom using external corners with tile trim. I'll go and take a photo and post it up.

Liz :)

M

Matt

We are definitely not tilers, I talk the talk :lol:

We never get sick of customers :smilewinkgrin:

Good luck with the rest of your job. If there is anything I can help with, feel free to ask :)

M

Minnie

We are definitely not tilers, I talk the talk :lol:

We never get sick of customers :smilewinkgrin:

Good luck with the rest of your job. If there is anything I can help with, feel free to ask :)

There's still unanswered questions on my other threads :thumbsup:

M

Minnie

Minnie, I'm sure Matt's sick of the sight of me too as I've been in and out his store loads in the last month :thumbsup:

By the way, just referring back to the thread title, did you get any pictures or ideas of external corners? I've just tiled my bathroom using external corners with tile trim. I'll go and take a photo and post it up.

Liz :)

I'm sure if men got sick of the sight of you, there'd be something wrong with them. (Hoping to earn brownie points here :smilewinkgrin:)

People posted pictures of mitre joints which are beyond my capabilities. I think it's going to have to be tile trim. Someone suggested the square-edged would be better as it may be easier for me to cut. I'm not mad on the plastic ones and I believe metal ones are a bit pricier, but maybe I'll have to fork out but then I already bought some plastic curvy stuff for under the window

Reply to External Corner joints - are there any pictures please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen