Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy Haze Problem - any helpful advice in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

james carter

I used bal-easypox - ag on glass tiles - glazed back and despite spending four times longer cleaning than grouting there is still haze left on some tiles, I have tried lab grade acetone, pullicol 2000 left on for 10-30 and then one hour (no joy) my next one to try is lithofin resin-ex, I did see a you-tube vid of someone using mapei ultracare epoxy grout hazer but it doesn't look like you can get it in the uk, as the tiles are glass I can't use any abrasive cloths as they scratch easily, any help/advice would be much appreciated at present I am strongly considering using a heat gun and see if that helps.

J

james carter

thanks for the replies and assistance guys, in the end the lithofin resin-ex worked a treat and the tiles are now glistening, out of interest 3-fall I did try the bal technical helpline the guy also said that bal did a cleaner a couple of years ago that would strip your hands off but there wasn't sufficient demand for it so they stopped producing it, he said they have received a large number of calls recently relating to epoxy haze and cleaning and he recommended the lithofin product (already ordered) it also smells quite nice of almonds.

O

Old Mod

Thank you James, really appreciate you taking the time to let me know, cheers.

On a side note, Lithofin Cement Away also smells like Almonds, and it’s an external cleaner only.
Please be very aware that a product that smells like almonds can make you feel really rather ill, please wear a mask capable of dealing with fumes, and not dust, and make sure your room is very well ventilated.
Cheers.
Marc.

B

Blunt Tool

7E1D2402-C8D2-4A0D-9539-32B52D5FD81D.jpeg
Thank you James, really appreciate you taking the time to let me know, cheers.

On a side note, Lithofin Cement Away also smells like Almonds, and it’s an external cleaner only.
Please be very aware that a product that smells like almonds can make you feel really rather ill, please wear a mask capable of dealing with fumes, and not dust, and make sure your room is very well ventilated.
Cheers.
Marc.

Reply to Epoxy Haze Problem - any helpful advice in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays