Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy Grout Wooden Floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Dudley

Hi.

Finally gettig round to tiling my bathroom.

Have bought all my tiles.,
Also ordered all my Dural products and adhesives from PHG - great service and advice from David.

Have decided to get a professional in to do the actual tiling.

My question relates to using Epoxy grout on the floor.
18mm marine ply, Dural CI+ matting, Granirapid adhesive, Quartz 30cm x 60cm tiles?

All of the above is designed to be as flexible as possible, and am wondering if epoxy grout will provide enough flex for the substrate?
The floor feels solid with no noticable movement in the joins - all screwed down with noggins. Can't find any info on the tech sheets.

We have our heart set on epoxy for its stain resistance (white grout) and waterproof qualities.

Thanks.
David.

D

David Dudley

Adhesive as recommended by PHG. He asked the Mapei rep specifically for my application.
The quartz is Gulfstone in black with silver specs.
The mrs wanted white grout which is why we are heading down the epoxy route.
Will this look ok?
Anything else I need to consider?
Will the white grout be compatible with this stone?
My tiler has used epoxy before.
Thanks so much guys.
I'll be sure to post pics once finished.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Hi David,

Personally I wouldn't go for white, I think your eye will be drawn to the bright white against the black tile and take away the effect of the tile and make the area look smaller. My personal opinion would be to go black so that the floor appears to be one solid piece and of greater size.

Reply to Epoxy Grout Wooden Floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.