Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout on stainless steel mosaics. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone grouted stainless steel mosaic tiles with epoxy grout?
I’ve got about 6sqm of a kitchen splashback to do. Customer bought tiles from Walls & Floors and they gave her two 3kg tubs of Kerapoxy for the job.

I went to CTD yesterday and got speaking to a couple of tilers who recommended Ardex EG8 so I bought two 4kg tubs. I rang Ardex tech support this morning to ask about using the grout on stainless steel and they recommended trying out a test area (which is good advice). They also said that I will need approx 5 tubs of EG8.

So, has anyone used this grout on brushed stainless steel?

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I used some on a tiny stainless splashback in a cloakroom. It was fine, when i did mine i spoke there tech line and got told it should be ok, but to test. It tested ok, clean up is easy. I reckon kerapoxy is one of the easiest epoxy's to use.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
its just my opinion about epoxy , having used them both i found EG8 the better of the 2, you can leave it on much longer and washes of easy

most epoxy teams iv'e worked with introduced me to EG8 ,

M

MTiler

I work with Kerapoxy alot on the steam rooms I do. I hate it. Im also sensitive to any epoxy grout, its evil stuff, you only have to read the tech info on it to see that.
Kerapoxy CQ is supposed to be easier to apply and clean but havent used it yet. Ive briefly used Kerakolls hybrid epoxy in a demo and it does seem easier to apply and to clean (like most hybrids it seems), but not had a chance to use it on a job.
Bisazzas' Filgel is easier to clean.

All good fun.

T

Time's Ran Out

So there are obvious preferences between the different types of epoxy but what is easier to use on brushed stainless steel mosaics?
Its 25 years since I used 2 part epoxy grout and every part of my body expanded so you couldn't get me to price up any epoxy work!

Reply to Epoxy grout on stainless steel mosaics. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen