Currently reading:
Enough is enough

Search the forum,

Discuss Enough is enough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

radim

TF
Arms
Hi guys I have a question. i was workin for a tiler for a while. His payments was all rite but lately he stopped paying at all.Even for jobs he get paid cheque he paid a cash to me.now I have been away from him (get big contract for myself) for 6 weeks and he says he can't give me any money I am due. He has money and all jobs I done for him have been paid to him.I am sick of askin for my money.It looks like only court is a option. But what is the procedure?btw I was s/employed doin work for companies and customers thorough him.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi radim,1st of all if it was me i would send a recorded delivery letter stating monies owed to you and give him 7 days to pay in full

state in your letter unless paid in full by time given you will be taking him to court

depending on amount owed you could take him to a small claims by yourself,its a simple enough procedure and doesnt cost much to open it up

good luck radim

D

doug boardley

A

aphilp

Sorry to hear.

Here is the wording for the 7 day warning letter of Court proceedings.

Dear …

Site Address:
Invoice No.

We note that the above invoice, dated …, has not been settled in full despite the stipulated 14-day payment term.

Kindly settle the amount of … by return.

Should we not receive the said payment, we regret that we will have to take action to recover the debt, together with the statutory interest from (15[SUP]th[/SUP] day – the day after the invoice due date) … at the rate of 8%.

Yours

I hope this helps

Anne

D

doug boardley

..meet Bertha..

hit-with-club.gif

not that we advocate this course of action (disclaimer)

Just been through the small claims court myself,really easy and only costs £80 to file a claim,can do it online aswell and if you win you get the £80 back. Prepare to wait a while for a court date though.
From putting my claim in to getting a court date it took about 4 months.
Scum of the earth are people who think they can get away with not paying people.
Good luck though mate.

Just been through the small claims court myself,really easy and only costs £80 to file a claim,can do it online aswell and if you win you get the £80 back. Prepare to wait a while for a court date though.
From putting my claim in to getting a court date it took about 4 months.
Scum of the earth are people who think they can get away with not paying people.
Good luck though mate.

Did you win?

Reply to Enough is enough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.