Currently reading:
ENGLAND shirts could be BANNED in world cup pubs.

Discuss ENGLAND shirts could be BANNED in world cup pubs. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

Very wrong.

I hope somebody stands up and points out the foolishness. Wearing a footy top, or no top at all, you'll still get the louts fighting about football.

Which bright spark though it's to do with what they're wearing?!

i've worked in the north of enland a few times and newcastle/borough/sunderland fans and even leeds/bradford seem to get on well and have a bit of banter during games,now everyone would be united behind one team it makes no sense:****:,it's not like scotland where if you are wearing the wrong half of the old firm in certain pubs you would be lucky to escape alive:mad2:

M

mikethetile

PS It will NEVER happen
right ive drafted my letter to building control

dear sirs

it has come to my notiice that a house in linslade is flying to flags from their scaffold without planning permission

I also conclude that these additions were added to the scaffold by a person or persons that do not hold a current scaffold card

and that also the altered scaffolding has continued to be used after alteration without an updated scafftag and inspection

im also concerned that illegal immigrants and other non english persons may be offended by the content of these flags in that they are english national flags

yours mike

U

user123

S

ScottG13

12 blokes in England shirts go to walk in a pub and get told they cant come in. It will kick off before the football does. There could be a lot of empty pubs this summer.

I heard that some police warned some pub owners to look out for the people in football shirts as they are the most likely to cause trouble. Bit of chinese wisper, add a pinch of 'The Sun' and hey presto all hell breaks loose and a race war has started!!!!?

R

Rob Z

Since the events of Sept 11, 2001, various localities around the US have banned the flying/display of the US flag on fire trucks,police vehicles, public works trucks, ambulances, etc. They also required the flags to be removed from other places that weren't the traditional locations for the US flag, such as the flag pole in front of the courthouse, etc.

I'm not making this up....the melonheads that passed these laws and ordnances said that it was too much of an affront to muslims, immigrants and others in the country that felt that having to see so much of the US flag would be "ramming it down their throat" and too jingoistic.:incazzato:

i've never been a flag-waver and never displayed the flag in front of my house, but that was too much for me to accept. This place is turning into a nanny state.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to ENGLAND shirts could be BANNED in world cup pubs. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.