Currently reading:
Diy Tiling, Facts And Fiction!

Search the forum,

Discuss Diy Tiling, Facts And Fiction! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion!

My next task has been to come up with some FAQ's for our sales staff to learn and understand when talking to clients. Our guys desperately needed product knowledge. Thankfully, they now have alot of the basics but plenty of room for improvement. Now, if they're asked something they don't know, they know where the answer is. And if they don't, they ask me....... If I don't know, I find it from various sources. But I must say, on the Tilers Forums, I had a rocky start and upset a few people. But i'm sooooo glad I was able to put that behind me after a firm slap on the wrist. I have been looking at old threads and I have already learn't so much. So for that I want to say a big Thanks to all the tilers and non-tilers with the knowledge and know-how, and the moderates for running the most informative forum I have ever used.

***This is you're opportunity to call me a sucky-uppy brown noser***. Anyway.........

I did a survey in the office to see what the top 5 most common questions are from each person, that have been asked by our retail customers. Below is THE top question. Maybe i'm nieve but i didn't expect this. I thought there would be many other questions topping this one.

I hope my proposed answer doesn't disappoint you guys. I'm also hoping I can get it on our website FAQ's when they're up and running. Out of 25, 16 had a question along the lines of:

Q. I enjoy DIY, but I’ve never tiled before, but how hard can it be?

My reply is taken from what I've noticed since being on here.

A. Good tiling comes from a lot of training, years of experience, extensive knowledge, the correct equipment and a very keen attention to detail. It can be very simple to look at a project and tell if it was done by an amateur or a professional. If it was easy, we’d all be professional tilers. If you insist of tackling a project yourself, do a lot of research, take your time, but at the same time, make allowances for if something goes wrong. Tiles are expensive items as would be the additional preparation when it all has to be ripped up or pulled down. Not to mention possible labour costs.
Without the experience, anything can go wrong. Can you afford it if it does? TILING IS NOT EASY. So if in any doubt whatsoever, GET A PRO IN.

Reply to Diy Tiling, Facts And Fiction! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement