Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Water proof Ply or should i say Weather and boil proof....why you would boil ply though, I dunno ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Personally, i would always use hardi now.. whether onto the chipboard or the ply.. much more stable to tile too..

G

Gazzer

Interesting. I thought there was a move away from ply hence hardybacker, no more ply, etc

Ahh now we enter differing methods. i always overboard with backerboards.

I would do away with the Chipboard and us ply and overlay with backerboard if it were my house. Far more stable.

P

PJPro

Ahh now we enter differing methods. i always overboard with backerboards.

I would do away with the Chipboard and us ply and overlay with backerboard if it were my house. Far more stable.
Hmm. Unfortunately, your good advice has come too late. Perhaps I should have joined this forum earlier? My bad.

W

White Room

Can it handle a 600x400mm tile? I need something with a nice, large, supportive top ( if it's anything like a table saw).

If your doing right angle cuts, do a wet cut into the right angle then dry cut, that where a good dry cutter comes into there own.

P

PJPro

It's been a long day so I need to put my head down! I'm not used to physical work.

Thanks very much everyone for your help and advice and will be back on tomorrow to let you know what I've bought.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Don't forget PJ to post pics of the work as you go so the guys can give advice, just think you nearly PVA'd the walls so it was a good thing you came on here.

PVA is for plasterers and has no place in the tiling world.

D

doug boardley

I was intending to buy a cutter. Looks like the Rubi TX-700-N is the one to go for? How does the TX-700 (no N) differ to the TX-700-N? Is the N worth the extra?

I'm gonna have to buy the cutter tomorrow at the lastest, along with the (10mm) notched trowel, grout trowel, knee pads, etc, etc, etc.
imo the "N" isn't worth the extra, it just has a longer guide rail that can get in the way:thumbsup:

Reply to DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen