Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

also ditra not guaranteed if you have an adhesive bed over 10mm. you could havea 50 mm thick stone and 5 mm adhesive and thats ok !!!
20mm stone with 11mm bed no good!!
this is not the case with dural which is why i used it few years ago on specific job with 40mm antique stone up birmingham . they guarantte any bed thickness .
problem was the mat debonded from mesh .manufacture fault

P

Peter

also ditra not guaranteed if you have an adhesive bed over 10mm. you could havea 50 mm thick stone and 5 mm adhesive and thats ok !!!
20mm stone with 11mm bed no good!!
this is not the case with dural which is why i used it few years ago on specific job with 40mm antique stone up birmingham . they guarantte any bed thickness .
problem was the mat debonded from mesh .manufacture fault

Interesting, is that including the squares being filled? Pretty sure you wouldn't tile a stone floor without a 10mm bed here and there.

O

One Day

Can't do any harm I suppose then. I just see Ditra used a lot where expansion and movement joints should be and where inadequate or no floor strengthening has been done.
It gets used as a "cover-all" solution sometimes.
A brilliant product - don't get me wrong, and I'd choose it over the poor-relation competitors anyday.

Example - I've seen a number of floors like this - 1/2 concrete 1/2 timber where the movement was so great even Ditra failed to cope.
A physical expansion joint was the only solution but as you say - customers won't go for it and if we insist, then the job goes to someone else!

Reply to Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays