Currently reading:
Ditra laying methods

Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra laying methods in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

J

jonnyc

Well this brings another question up. I have always covered the top of mat with adhesive at same time as fixing mat.the reason for this is two fold.one is that when you quote the amount of adhesive you will need to fix tiles it is based on a flat subfloor not a ribbed surface that needs to be filled in . The other is the extra time needed to fill in the voids. When you fix a lot of metres in a year bothnthesevfactors make a big difference

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Well this brings another question up. I have always covered the top of mat with adhesive at same time as fixing mat.the reason for this is two fold.one is that when you quote the amount of adhesive you will need to fix tiles it is based on a flat subfloor not a ribbed surface that needs to be filled in . The other is the extra time needed to fill in the voids. When you fix a lot of metres in a year bothnthesevfactors make a big difference

That's very true Jonny, you're effectively putting a solid bed of approx 3-4mm when you take into account the addy under the mat and then filling the depth of the voids on top, before you've even put your addy on to fix tiles. Like you say, doing it on a regular basis uses up hell of a lot of addy, and someone has to pay for it :thumbsup:

J

jonnyc

If we are getting in to figures,I can say that if you use a 6mm notch under ditra mat and cover the ditra top you will need approx one bag average adhesive for 4sq
when using a vinyl roller no problem with 4.5 mm rubi notch underneath.
the vinyll roller really comes in to play with the psi pecilastic.
Only use 3mm notch for pecilastic and the the job is really easy.i can offer a good saving to client with this product

O

On one

Would be interested to know the coverage difference. Not entirely convinced that Ditra rubbed down by hand gives as good coverage as it would do if it's rolled and the adhesive is squashed more, even when mixed a bit looser. Ever notice there are some patches lighter than others? One for the testing team perhaps?
I did check the shading/100% contact issues with Schluter tech dept earlier this year(Using their supplied free trowel).They said this was normal and that 100% contact is not required.

ate9ugeh.jpg

Best thing I ever bought, laying ditra far quicker with this.

Reply to Ditra laying methods in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.