Currently reading:
Diluting primer before tiling

Discuss Diluting primer before tiling in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Am getting conflicting answers online and manufacturer support lines, have a bathroom which has Hardiebacker, moisture plasterboard and multi finish on different walls and is being fully tiled.

Can anyone advise correct dilution ratios for priming these walls with Mapei Primer G? Will be using Mapei S1 powdered adhesive.

Mapei support said no primer needed if using Mapei adhesive, but to apply 1:1 diluted ratio if I want to.

Hardiebacker support said their boards do need priming, although their website says they can be tiled onto without primer...

Am I correct in thinking the more dilution (ie. If I did 1 part primer to 2 parts water on all surfaces), the less likely a skin would be formed and less likely adhesive will fail in long term?

Reply to Diluting primer before tiling in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement