Search the forum,

Discuss diagonal set full bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

georgetknight

sitting in the van this morning thought to myself just check my diary see what stuff i need for tommorow opened the diary at the page 14m2 diagonal set bathroom 1 window tiled into the reveal with 300x300 ceramics oh its going to be a fun day tommorow cant wait this is my least favourite type of tiling dont mind diagonal set on floors but on walls with a window oh ****
does anyone else share the same opinion

NOT DEAD EASY

W

wivers

The choice between a lead weight for one ear or double the rate,usually gets the desired response every time Varley.seriously I've done some diagonals in origional style victorian repro stuff that looked sensational,but it is not for the faint hearted and not for someone fresh from one of those 4 week or whatever they are courses.

View attachment 264

I did this as my final task on a 4 week training course at PTS. I chose to do it as i felt confident enough. I don't think it makes to much of a difference if if u have done a 2, 4, 6 , or a whole years course. I think there's a knack to tiling, you can either do it good or you can't. I started the 4 week course knowing next to nothing about tilng, and by the 4th week i was laying diamond patternd floors and diaganal set walls. Now if anyone thinks they are a waste of time i beg to differ.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Sorry wivers,your'e right some people do have a natural ability to see lines,by your pic that's a sound job well done .However there are so called tilers have been doing the job for ,10,15,20 yrs and would still never achieve what you have,It's about having the balls to do it ,the fear of cocking up drives you on to bigger and more detailed work,and gives you a long satisfying career did't mean to offend anyone Gaz

Reply to diagonal set full bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.