Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting curves eg around the toilet in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

I wouldn’t be doing a job that required an old toilet to be tiled around.
Hand on heart, been in the game 26 years, ten years of that for a Bathroom company. The WC’s were never tiled around. Not much more I can say. We are talking several hundred WC’s.
you take toilet out its an expensive on cemented down it breaks do you replace it at your cost?

D

Dumbo

Bathroom Fitters view point.

I do take your points though. If I went to a Quote and a customer asked me to leave their old cemented down WC in and tile around then I’d tell them it’s not really the line of work I’m in and they should probably get a local Tiler out.
Maybe when you answer you should stop and look to check which forum you are on . I do find some of your answers worded in such a way as this the only way to do it . They are many ways to some jobs not all of them . Yes the optimum in this instance would be to take the toilet out . But even if it is not stuck to the floor the waste may be going straight in to some tight boxing making it awkward to lift up without redoing the boxing . There are many scenarios when answering questions to be considered .

W

Waluigi

Yes there are Many different ways to do a job and I said how I would do it.

I find it completely irrelevant what forum I’m on as to how I would do a job. I always take the toilet out. Like others have said.

It's not always possible for us mere tilers to take the toilet out

I agree, plus if you’re not insured to be removing WC’s then you shouldn’t be touching them. Public liability wouldn’t be paying out of there was a leak.

Just to add, the text you quoted and your response doesn’t tally up. I said that I take your point and that I would suggest for the customer to get a Tiler out.

I see it on a lot of new Bathroom installs too. Not with Tiles I admit but LVT, the fitters will get the entire suite in, including bath panel and then get the LVT fitted. It’s the wrong way to do it IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cutting curves eg around the toilet in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement