Search the forum,

Discuss could someone recommend an alternative in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DAX

Hello I am doing a wet-room project and
have been using ultra tile pro-rapid rs adhesive.
But I find it sets way to quick for me.
I am not a pro tiler. and is actually costing time cleaning
everything because it has set. Could any body recommend an
alternative. and what is the pros and cons, of rapid set, pre mixed, dry sacks ect.

B

Bill

Use a cement based slow set adhesive instead, Ultra will make one along with the likes of Mapei, Tilemaster, BAL, Ardex, Granfix, Dunlop etc

Try and get an S1 type slowset.

T

Tommcd

I remember the first tiling job I did with rapid set, I didn't have a power mixer so was mixing by hand. By the time I'd finished mixing a bucket I had about 5 minutes before it all went off... Went through a lot of 99p buckets!

O

One Day

I remember the first tiling job I did with rapid set, I didn't have a power mixer so was mixing by hand. By the time I'd finished mixing a bucket I had about 5 minutes before it all went off... Went through a lot of 99p buckets!
Me too! It never occurred that there was slow set. Tile shops here just have me rapid and I thought that's all there was.
When I got a whisk on my sds drill and discovered slow set, I was a very happy boy.

Reply to could someone recommend an alternative in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen