Search the forum,

Discuss Correct format after bare bricks? Need to tile the water soaked bathroom eventually. But need solid foundations before i get there. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ash786

-
Reaction score
Hi I’m doing my own bathroom after many years of neglect, I know guilty as charged but I’m on the pursuit of a makeover that will make it good hopefully for many more years to come but I need some help in this and I’ve discovered this forum. Thank you all for having a platform that can share for a DIYER like me! 👍🏽🙏🏽

I’ve been dismantling all the tiles and have discovered the whole room has been majestically plastered with pink bonding. All the bond on the window side where the bathtub is has literally soaked into the brickwork and I have had to do away with it. The other side isn’t that bad being All of drywall material it also has gone very powdery and loose.

I was going to take this back to brick work then point the bricks. Then render and after 2 weeks of curing time use KA Slurry. Then tile over, is this method wrong or right in this situation. Can someone tell me the correct procedure as looking at the damp soaked bonding it was only a matter of time before the brickwork would be obsolete!
You’re concise help in this matter would be appreciated immensely! That’s an old photo I took all the old stuff and it just brickwork now.
Need to know the correct steps in achieving a bullet proof finish.

I’m also appalled on the dab tiling I discovered when ripping the old ceramic tiles. New tiles will be porcelain tiles.

any good plasterers in the Greenford area?

Reply to Correct format after bare bricks? Need to tile the water soaked bathroom eventually. But need solid foundations before i get there. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen