Search the forum,

Discuss Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kelleytiling

Hi guys,

I'm probably moving to Cornwall at the end of the year, not quite sure where yet but maybe the St. Austell area.

Just wondered if there are any tilers in Cornwall who could let me know what the work is like down there, which are the best areas, and if there's anything in particular you did to pick up work? Don't worry, not trying to steal your work, just to co-exist!

Many thanks in advance.

Jim

D

doit4u

Wish you luck with your move. I don't know if Cornwall will be the same but I found that starting up in rural wells was difficult. People here tend to rely on word of mouth when looking to get a job done, someone always knows someone etc. However if you do get in and do a good job I find people very loyal.

U

user123

I lived in Cornwall for 9 years, and just in general get yourself known in the B&B circuit, and remember that Cornwall is super dependent on the tourist industry and also the boat, sailing, yachting fraternity who meet and talk and should be your first personal networking stop. You will be an 'emit' for a while, a foreigner, so the sooner your new neighbourhood can put a friendly face to your name the better, so you are more than a temporary tourist.

Youth unemployment is high, if you are in the position to give someone an apprenticeship that would go down a treat. That's all I can think of for now:) Good luck!

Reply to Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen