Currently reading:
Confused in SE London

Discuss Confused in SE London in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kimbles

Hi
I doing some research on buying tiles, namely rectified 60x60 or 60x30 polished white porcelain 20 sqm for kitchen and have become so confused. Hate grout lines. My kitchen faces north leaving very little light so hoping the shiny white will lighten the area.
So many reviews seem to say that porcelain tiles stain and the quality varies so much. Also sealing seems to be a quagmire of effort. Does the nano seal have to be removed? Hq tiles state that it is a preseal.
One of the posts on your forum said that you should be prepared to pay £40sqm for quality but then recommended tile suppliers that all sell them for much cheaper.

Just had concrete floors put in and plan to add underfloor heating.

Maybe I should just opt for polished concrete but have no idea how much that would cost in comparison.

Hoping someone could put me out of my misery
Thanks and a very useful forum this is

Reply to Confused in SE London in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.